Silverlight 2 Beta 2

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Is there an ETA on the Silverlight Blueprint for Sharepoint compatible with Siverlight 2 beta 2 ?

I tried some experiments myself form the beta 1 version ... and got builds with VS2008 + .Net 3.5 SP1 for S2b2 with no error / warning.
But after deployement the webpart on MOSS 2007 postSP1 seems not so happy despite web.config and MIME type upgrade to beta 2 ... Some import error, or just blank webparts, are common see for me.
So i'll wait your release.

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM
I'm trying to deploy the most basic SL.SharePoint.HelloSilverlight2 demo, but there appears to be a
versioning issue at hand. I am running Siverlight 2 beta 2 w/ VS2008 on Windows 2008 Server.

On first compile there is an error with the line: silverlightControl.Version = "2.0" in HelloSilverlight2.cs

System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls.Silverlight' does not contain a definition for 'Version' and no extension method 'Version' accepting a first argument of type 
    'System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls.Silverlight' could be found.
Jul 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Good Day
I am also experiencing the silverlightControl.Version problem. Running Windows server 2003, MOSS 2007, Siverlight 2 beta 2 installation.
I commented out the line giving the error and re-compiled the solution. Then I copied the resulting SL.XAML.HelloSilverlight2.xap file into the setup project's corresponding ClientBin folder. Then ran setup, and activated feature. When I now try to add the web part to a page I get the following message: 
Silverlight BluePrint for SharePoint: Hello Silverlight 2 Web Part: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls.Silverlight.set_Version(System.String)'.

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM
I am having the same problem.  I'm guessing since the silverlight 2 release will hopefully be out this month, they will just make some examples with that.  I don't think it's worth trying to make beta 2 work with sharepoint 2007.  I would wait till the release comes out.
Oct 6, 2008 at 5:25 AM

For all those with the version issue.

Silverlight 2 beta 1 had a Version property. This property doesn't exist anymore in beta 2. You should set the MinimumVersion property to "2.0.30523".

Karine