MOSS 2007 BluePrints Trouble - MediaViewer

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM
Edited Aug 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM
Following Screencast for the Sample2, I get this error deploying the webpart;

"Error : This solution contains two assemblies with the same name, or the SharePoint server already has an assembly with the specified name."

I think its because I cant delete these broken old deployed collection features, its like they are at the root somewhere, but where? Where is everything hiding in sharepoint? Why is it always hiding from me, good grief. 

I just want a clean slate, how hard can that be, what do I do?

I followed your previous post on "blueprint trouble - hello world", regarding 'how to delete a Web Part', but when I look in the features list, they are both still there after I delete and create a new site. How do i kill these things? 

Blueprints Wed > Site Settings > Site Features  
Site Collection Features
  • Silverlight 2 Hello World Web Part Feature
Aug 28, 2008 at 7:51 PM
I think this problem is part of the blueprint, i cant seem to get the media viewer working because of it complaining. What do i do?
Aug 28, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Interesting... I uninstalled then re-installed MOSS2007 and they are STILL THERE!@ OMG they are invinsible, please help I cant understand the stsadm instructions on how to remove these things.
Aug 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Anyone around today?
Aug 30, 2008 at 5:36 PM
b1alpha: your problem is related to the extensions. You probably have the older version of the samples installed. When the extensions detected an assembly or Features folder that is there with the same name and GUID it complains. Remove the assembly from the GAC and also the physical Features folder for the sample you want to try out.

I'll monitor this discussion list but if you want, mail me on patrick@u2u.be .
Sep 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Hi Patrick,

I have deployed Silverlight Media Viewer WebPart (Silverlight 2 beta 2) on my SharePoint Web Application. Its working fine.

But, On this SharePoint Web application, I also have some other AJAX web parts which are developed in VS 2005 with .Net Framework 3.0.When I modified the respective web.config for .Net Framework 3.5, All the other web parts started flickering.

How can I stop these Ajax web Parts from flickering? Please help me on this… I am in really need of this. 

Thanks in Advance....

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:42 AM
Sanjay,
I think this is because your ajax web parts are in a previous version of AJAX. I think you will have to convert them to AJAX version that is supported by the 3.5 dlls.
Karine