MOSS2007 Blueprint Troubles - HelloWorld

Sep 25, 2008 at 6:36 AM
I have some problem regarding this hello world sample. I am able to get in my webpart Gallery but when I add the webpart it shows only webpart header title not the silverlight part. I am using Sl beta 2 .Can anyone tell me where I am going worng ?

Thanks in advance.
Sep 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM
It's possible that the your web part is not able to load the xap file because of the path. I had the same problem until I realized that I had created the XAPS document library one level too deep.
Sep 26, 2008 at 4:25 AM

You can send me your code (web part + silverlight) at karine@u2u.be and I’ll take a look at it. I also think that it has something to do with the path you specify in the source property of your silverlight control.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:05 AM
Thanks jhoney and Boske . Let me ckeck the path of the xap and let you know.
Oct 6, 2008 at 4:15 AM
You've set the Source property to: ctrl.Source = SPContext.Current.Site.Url + "/XAPS2/SL.XAML.HelloWorld.xap";
1) You pass the URL to your site collection. Check if you're working in the root of the site collection or in a sub web. If you're in a sub web, your URL is wrong.
2) In Internet Explorer go to your document library where you uploaded the silverlight application. Check if the URL is correct.
3) You haven't set a MinimumVersion, which is required for Silverlight 2 beta 2: ctl.MinimumVersion = "2.0.30523";
Hope this helps.
Karine