Colleague Viewer

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I am having a problem, when I deploy the application I get the error (Failed to instantiate file "SL.XAML.ColleagueViewer.xap" from module "(null)"; The specified list does not exist.
The web part comes up in sharepoint but of course it wouldn't work because the deployment failed.


Any ideas guys.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Had exactly the same problem.  It turns out Sharepoint assigned URL was XAPS1 instead of XAPS. Still it's unclear why Sharepoint is altering URL.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Alec,

When I run the batch file it doesn't create the XAP Library, had to create one manually. Any idea why?

Is yours working now?

 

Thanks

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM

 

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM

No it stuck in "Loading profiles" state. Will try to debug.

Edit: looks like its working. After enabling anonimous access to WCF directory.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Alec,

How did your XAP library get created, deploying the web part didn't do it and I ended up creating a library manually and uploaded the XAP file to it. When I deploy the app to the site it complains about (Failed to instantiate file "SL.XAML.ColleagueViewer.xap" from module "(null)"; The specified list does not exist.
 Hope you can help.

Thanks

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I created XAP library manually as well. See my first post what caused my problem.

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Hi

Has anyone successfully installed the Colleague Viewer in MOSS?

Our environment is Ntlm authentication...and i've done most of the recommendation that I googled from the net such as...

1) Added the following tags in web.config at WCF side

Added this <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled = "true" />

Changed the binding = basicHttpBinding

Added <security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">

<transport clientCredentialType="Ntlm" proxyCredentialType="none"/>

</security>

I also have changed this to <add key="SharedServiceProvider" value="[mySSPName]"/> to my serviceprovider name

2) In SociaNetworkingImpl.cs class i added the following atttributes

[AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode = AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Required)]
    public class SocialNetworkingImpl :ISocialNetworking


 [OperationBehavior(Impersonation=ImpersonationOption.Required)]

3) At the silverlight client side, in ServiceReference.Config

Added <security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">

4) Created CrossDomain.xml and added in the root dir (yes via SD and not in the physical dir c:\inetput\wwwroot...)

 

I have done all the above and I actually got the silverlight loaded on my WebPart ...but I got a message displayed "An error occured". I debug it with Fiddler and I got this message...ERROR - System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.SPWebEnsureSPControl(HttpContext context) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.GetContextWeb(HttpContext context) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContext.get_Current() at SL.WCF.SocialNetworkingImpl.<>c__DisplayClass1.<SL.WCF.ISocialNetworking.GetUserProfileInfo>b__0()

Could anyone please kindly point it to me for what I have done it wrong or I haven't done?

Thanks in Advance

Laytrix

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Laytrix,

I didn't make any of the modifications you made and mine loads in the WebPart and I get this error once it loads, Hopefully someone will shed some light on these issues soon.

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application An exception occured during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. at system.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionifNecessary() at SL.XAML.ColleagueViewer.Proxies.GetUserProfileInfoCompletedEventArg.get_Result() at SL.XAML.ColleagueViewer.Page.proxy_GetUserProfileInfoCompleted(Object sender,GetUserProfileInfoCompletedEventArgs e) at SL.XAML.ColleagueViewe.Proxies.SocialNetworkingClient.OnGetUserProfileInfoCompleted(Object state).

 

Thanks to all you Smart people.

Aug 27, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Hi Everyone

My apology that the code is actually working fine....it was to do with my client config file that is pointing to a different URL.

 

KKhelif, I'm not sure how you setup your silverlight to connect to WCF but if your environment is using Active Directory/Domain User and impersonate authentication, this article is worth reading...

http://blah.winsmarts.com/2008-9-Getting_SPContextCurrent_in_a_SharePoint_2007_WCF_Service.aspx

Hope it helps...

Cheers

Laytrix